The Social Media Manager position reports to and works with the Publicity Chair to develop content for Writers of Kern’s (WOK) social media outlets that promote Writers of Kern activities in the community, attract social media engagement, and increase membership.
Build your professional portfolio, skills, and work experience with an established non-profit organization ready to support your advancement. This opportunity is a volunteer position.
- Report social media campaign results regularly to Publicity Chair
- With Publicity Chair, create and manage social media calendar
- Create compelling content, write persuasive headlines, and craft calls to action (CTAs) that increase engagement on WOK’s social media platforms
- Ensure a consistent, cohesive voice and message across all WOK’s social media platforms
- Actively engaged on several social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and/or others) with a strong following on one or two
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrated ability to write compelling headlines, CTAs, and social media blurbs that attract engagement
- Coursework in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English, or Business (degree in Marketing or Communication preferred)
How to Apply
Please submit links to your relevant social media accounts along with your resume or CV to info @ writersofkern .com (no spaces). Include “WOK VOLUNTEER—SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER” in the subject line of your email to ensure it reaches the correct department.