Do you have a skill you’d like to teach our writers? We’d love to host you at one of our workshops or writing conferences!
Promotion & Marketing You’ll Receive
We promote each workshop and speaker with:
- press releases in local newspapers
- a blog post on the Writers of Kern website linking to your site and/or social media channels
- social media posts about the event
- online events listings
- Public Service Announcements
- emails to our highly engaged list of writers throughout Kern County
And if you have services for writers or books to sell, please feel free to pitch them after your workshop!
Writing Workshop Topics We Love
Writers of Kern hosts speakers with well-developed workshops on the craft of writing. Past speakers have taught story mapping, magazine writing, journaling, blogging, routes to publication, tips on the writing process, and how to find writing grants.
Our highly-engaged members love writing and publication tips. So be ready to participate in active Q&A during breaks and after the session.
Our members can’t wait to hear what you have to teach! Submit your proposal now.
Submit Your Proposal
Proposals submitted are reviewed by Sandy Moffett. To query your submission, email [email protected] Please wait 30 days before querying.
Trouble with this form? Email [email protected] for help.