Writers of Kern (WOK) is looking for a photojournalist to capture photos of events, activities, and its membership for promotion in local print media outlets and online social media platforms.
The Photojournalist position supports the Publicity and Publication teams with images that tell a story with style.
Build your professional photography portfolio, skills, and work experience with an established non-profit organization ready to support your advancement. This opportunity is a volunteer position.
- Attend Writers of Kern monthly meetings and events for photo opportunities
- Capture photos of Writers of Kern membership, students, and events for use in digital and print promotions (press releases, articles, blog posts, social media accounts, etc)
- Provide your own DSLR camera
- Skilled in both the creative and technical techniques of photography
- Understanding of lighting, exposure, composition
- Skills in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop software
- A photographer’s eye for story and visual style
How to Apply
Please submit a link to your photography portfolio along with a resume or CV to info @ writersofkern .com (no spaces).
Include “WOK VOLUNTEER—PHOTOJOURNALIST” in the subject line of your email to ensure it reaches the correct department.