The Graphic Design / Document Design position supports the Publicity and Publishing teams with brand collateral, document design, and marketing materials for use on Writers of Kern’s (WOK) social and traditional media platforms.
Build your professional portfolio, skills, and work experience with an established non-profit organization ready to support your advancement. This opportunity is a volunteer position.
- Create content and images for social media outlets
- Create digital and brand assets like media kits, business cards, website graphics, stationery letterhead, etc.
- Design documents and page layouts for both digital and print publications (WOK’s annual anthology, brochures, book covers, promotional and informational materials, ebooks)
- Help create a style guide for a cohesive brand across media platforms
- Advanced skills in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator software
- Understanding of color psychology, composition, and visual style
- Demonstrated experience in creating graphic design elements and page layouts
- Ability to collaborate across departments and teams
- Independent self-starter
How to Apply
Please submit a link to your design portfolio along with a resume or CV to info @ writersofkern. com (no spaces). Include “WOK VOLUNTEER—GRAPHIC & DOCUMENT DESIGNER” in the subject line of your email to ensure it reaches the correct department.