The Contest In Short
Open to members of Writers of Kern, in good standing (dues are paid and up to date). Submit a 1200-word work of either fiction, memoir, or creative nonfiction that tells how you or someone you know, or a fictional story with the theme “Count Your Blessings.”
Prizes: $200 1st place, $100 2nd place, $50 3rd place.
Deadline: September 30, 2020
Eligibility: Members who renewed or signed up for membership by September 30, 2020
Word Count: 1200 words or fewer.
Theme: Count Your Blessings
How to Submit
#1 Format Your Work
- 12 pt Times New Roman font
- 1″ margins, all sides
- page number in upper right corner, beginning on first page
- document file in MS Word
#2 Make Two Copies
- An Identity copy: includes the title, author name, contact information, and page number in the upper right of the header.
- And a Blind copy: excludes your name and contact information. Includes title and page number in upper right of the header.
#3 Email Your Submission
- Attach the Identity and Blind copies of your contest submission into the body of an email.
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Email submissions only. All other submissions will be rejected. If you have questions, please send them to email@example.com
Please make sure your membership dues have been paid by September 30, 2020. If you submit work and have not renewed or joined, you will not be eligible for the contest. Note: No other notice will go out as a reminder.
Winners will be announced at the Writers of Kern December virtual meeting on December 12, 2020.
Winners automatically qualify to have their submissions published in the upcoming WOK Anthology.