Writers of Kern accepts submissions for publication on the Writers of Kern blog.
We accept submissions of short fiction, flash fiction, poetry, writing tips, product reviews, book reviews, and other guest posts on topics that will help our members achieve their writing and publishing goals.
All published submissions receive a byline and link to your preferred social platform or website.
Not all submissions will receive a response. If you don’t hear from us within 8 weeks, please assume the submission was declined. Not because we don’t think you’re great (we do), but because our inboxes are overflowing.
Guest Posts, Writing Tips, and Other Articles Should Be:
- Between 800-1200 words
- Razor focused on a topic relevant to writers and free of excessive promotion
- Free of typos and language errors, flow well, and engage readers from start to finish
- Have a killer headline that draws the reader in
- Not previously published anywhere else online
Fiction & Poetry Submissions Should Be:
- No more than 35 lines (poetry) or 2500 words (prose)
Submission does not guarantee acceptance, and providing your contact information and submission gives us permission to store and use it to contact you only about its potential publication.
If you submit something to us, you’re guaranteeing that you own the rights to the content you submit.
How to Submit
Send your submission as an attachment, with your contact information (including email address) in the header of the attached document to wok.guest @ gmail. com (no spaces).