First Call for the Writers of Kern 2017 Fall Writing Contest.
Eligibility: The contest is open only to new or renewing members of Writers of Kern, who pay their current dues on or before August 31, 2017.
Genre: Creative Nonfiction
Theme: Three (3) items, pillow, paper cup, and screen door, must be integrated into a creative nonfiction piece.
Word Count: 1,200 word
Email Submissions Only.
Deadline: September 30, 2017
Prizes: 1st Place: $200. 2nd Place: $100. 3rd Place: $50.
- Submission may not exceed 1,200 words.
- Manuscript double spaced, 10 or 12 pt. font (New Times Roman), 1″ margins (top, bottom, left, right), number pages in upper right hand corner beginning on first page.
- File format MS Word (doc, docx, or rtf).
- Email two (2) copies of your entry.
- The first (Identity) copy should have the title, author name, contact information, and page number in upper right of header.
- The second (Blind) copy must have title and page number ONLY in upper right of header.
- Remember, you are emailing two copies of your submission: one that identifies you as the writer, and one that is a “blind” copy that does not identify the writer.
- Email your submission no later than September 30, 2017 to email@example.com.
Email submissions only. All other submissions will be rejected.
Winners will be announced at the Winter Dinner, Saturday, December 9th, 2017.