First Call for the Writers of Kern 2019 Fall Writing Contest. Submissions must be written using the theme posted below.
Genre: Fiction or Non-fiction
Theme: Describe a holiday event or situation for any holiday in no more than 1,200-words. Fiction or non-fiction (prose only).
Word Count: 1,200
Email Submissions Only. Entry as an email attachment.
Deadline: September 30, 2019
Prizes: 1st Place: $200. 2nd Place: $100. 3rd Place: $50.
• Submission may not exceed 1,200 words.
– Double spaced, 10 or 12 pt. font (New Times Roman)
– Margins 1” (top, bottom, left, right)
– Number pages in upper right-hand corner beginning on first page.
– File format MS Word (doc, docx or rtf only). All other formats will be rejected
• Email two (2) copies of your entry as an email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– The first (Identity) copy should have the title, author name, contact information, and page number in upper right of header.
– The second (Blind) copy must have title and page number only in upper right of header.
• Important: you are emailing two copies of your submission: one that identifies you as the writer, and one that is a “blind” copy that does not identify the writer.
• Email submissions only. All other submissions will be rejected.
• All new memberships and renewals received by September 30, 2019 are eligible to submit. .
• Winners will be announced at the Winter Dinner, December 14, 2019.